Desktop Blogging Clients for Linux
Praval is looking for a desktop based offline blog editing software for Linux (Ubuntu) – something on the lines of Windows Live Writer. Here are some suggestions from the extremely helpful Twitter community:
1. Scribefire – A hugely popular Firefox extension for blogging that lets you blog from the comfort of your browser. Supports almost every blog platform and is frequently updated.
2. Flock – This Firefox like browser has built-in blogging capabilities. Open the blog editor in the browser, drag-n-drop content from anywhere and publish.
3. Bleezer – This Java based WYSIWYG blog editing software can upload images to your web server and includes a spell checker but the developer has not updated the software since a long time.
4. BloGTK – This is a pretty popular blogging software for Linux that supports Blogger, Movable Type and WordPress but again, no new updates since long.
5. Drivel Journal – Another blog editor for the GNOME desktop though sort of abandoned now.
6. KBlogger – This is a blogging application for the K Destkop Environment. It integrates in KDE Kicker and is also available as a standalone application for KDE 4. Supports Blogger, WordPress, MetaWeblog API, MovableType API, GData API, etc.
Related: Desktop RSS News Readers for Linux.
Google Developer Expert, Google Cloud Champion
Amit Agarwal is a Google Developer Expert in Google Workspace and Google Apps Script. He holds an engineering degree in Computer Science (I.I.T.) and is the first professional blogger in India.