Jennifer Slegg - If you are blogging about Chevy trucks, you should link to Chevrolet’s official site, which definitely falls under the category of an authority outgoing link. But you might also want to link to your local Chevy dealership which could be considered non-authority. I try to link to authority websites as well as some non-authority, but just do a check to make sure that non-authority site isn’t also lurking in a bad neighborhood! (Not sure what makes a link or site be in a bad neighborhood? Read Revisiting your linking strategies for a health check). There are also SEO benefits to linking out to authority sites, so definitely include them in your links. Link.
You’ll also like:
- Produce the Single Best Page on the Internet
- Search Queries with High Abandonment Rates
- How to Get on the First Page of Google
- How to Structure Your Web Pages for Effective SEO
- Need Ideas on What to Write on your Blog?
- Advice for Group Blogs - Hire an Editor
- Is Your Article a Column, an How-To Guide or a Tutorial
- Writing Headlines for Social Sites & Search Engines
- How to Become a Great Blogger
- Make It Easy for People to Share Web Pages on Social Sites
Looking for something? Find here!