Jennifer Slegg - If you are blogging about Chevy trucks, you should link to Chevrolet’s official site, which definitely falls under the category of an authority outgoing link. But you might also want to link to your local Chevy dealership which could be considered non-authority. I try to link to authority websites as well as some non-authority, but just do a check to make sure that non-authority site isn’t also lurking in a bad neighborhood! (Not sure what makes a link or site be in a bad neighborhood? Read Revisiting your linking strategies for a health check). There are also SEO benefits to linking out to authority sites, so definitely include them in your links. Link.
You’ll also like:
- Google e-book Offers Tips on How to Improve Your Website
- How to Structure Your Web Pages for Effective SEO
- Why Link Exchanges and Paid Text Ads Are a Waste of Time
- SEO Tip: Add Execute Bios and Press Releases in PDF Format
- Build an SEO Optimized HTML Sitemap for your Website
- Useful Tips for Online Writers and Bloggers
- Optimize Images for SEO
- How to Get on the First Page of Google
- Search Queries with High Abandonment Rates
- Should Your Blog be in a Sub-Directory, Sub-Domain or a Separate Web Domain
Looking for something? Find here!