Jennifer Slegg - If you are blogging about Chevy trucks, you should link to Chevrolet’s official site, which definitely falls under the category of an authority outgoing link. But you might also want to link to your local Chevy dealership which could be considered non-authority. I try to link to authority websites as well as some non-authority, but just do a check to make sure that non-authority site isn’t also lurking in a bad neighborhood! (Not sure what makes a link or site be in a bad neighborhood? Read Revisiting your linking strategies for a health check). There are also SEO benefits to linking out to authority sites, so definitely include them in your links. Link.
You’ll also like:
- Build an SEO Optimized HTML Sitemap for your Website
- Why Link Exchanges and Paid Text Ads Are a Waste of Time
- Optimize Images for SEO
- Better Search Rankings without SEO
- Writing Headlines for Social Sites & Search Engines
- SEO Tip: Add Execute Bios and Press Releases in PDF Format
- Etiquettes for Making Remote Presentations and Webinars from Home
- Search Queries with High Abandonment Rates
- How to Get on the First Page of Google
- How to Structure Your Web Pages for Effective SEO
Looking for something? Find here!