Jennifer Slegg - If you are blogging about Chevy trucks, you should link to Chevrolet’s official site, which definitely falls under the category of an authority outgoing link. But you might also want to link to your local Chevy dealership which could be considered non-authority. I try to link to authority websites as well as some non-authority, but just do a check to make sure that non-authority site isn’t also lurking in a bad neighborhood! (Not sure what makes a link or site be in a bad neighborhood? Read Revisiting your linking strategies for a health check). There are also SEO benefits to linking out to authority sites, so definitely include them in your links. Link.
You’ll also like:
- Make It Easy for People to Share Web Pages on Social Sites
- How to Structure Your Web Pages for Effective SEO
- Build an SEO Optimized HTML Sitemap for your Website
- Should Your Blog be in a Sub-Directory, Sub-Domain or a Separate Web Domain
- Useful Tips for Online Writers and Bloggers
- Why Link Exchanges and Paid Text Ads Are a Waste of Time
- Advice for Group Blogs - Hire an Editor
- Is Your Article a Column, an How-To Guide or a Tutorial
- Produce the Single Best Page on the Internet
- Google e-book Offers Tips on How to Improve Your Website
Looking for something? Find here!