Google Chrome for Linux and Mac
Google Chrome for Mac requires Mac OS X while the Linux version of Chrome supports Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora and openSUSE Linux.
Here are a few fun facts from the Google Chrome for Mac team (via email):
- 73,804 lines of Mac-specific code written
- 29 developer builds
- 1,177 Mac-specific bugs fixed
- 12 external committers and bug editors to the Google Chrome for Mac code base, 48 external code contributors
- 64 Mac Minis doing continuous builds and tests
And here are some from the Google Chrome for Linux team:
- 60,000 lines of Linux-specific code written
- 23 developer builds
- 2,713 Linux-specific bugs fixed
- 12 external committers and bug editors to the Google Chrome for Linux code base, 48 external code contributors
Google Developer Expert, Google Cloud Champion
Amit Agarwal is a Google Developer Expert in Google Workspace and Google Apps Script. He holds an engineering degree in Computer Science (I.I.T.) and is the first professional blogger in India.