Steven Levy is author of In the Plex which is regarded as one of the best books around Google at this time. Levy spent a lot of time inside the Google campus, or the Googleplex, talking to Googlers and thus manages to offer good insider picture on Google’s business and technology.
If you are in college and dream of getting a job at Google one day, Steven Levy has some tips that may help you in the quest:
1. Be smart and nimble-minded.
2. Have technical understand of computers even if you are not a computer science major.
3. Achieve high college GPA and SAT scores – they’ll always ask your scores during the interview.
4. Attend a prestigious school as Google founders Larry and Sergey prefer hiring students from top schools.
5. Do something extraordinary.