Apple has released a new software update for Apple iPad – iOS 3.2.1 – that seems to fix to variety of issues with the tablet and also adds Bing to the Safari browser.
The release log for iOS 3.2.1 mentions the top 5 improvements:
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fixed an issue that could prevent copy and paste of PDF attachments in Mail
- Addressed an issue that could cause video playback to freeze
- Improved reliability of video-out when using iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter
- Added Bing as an option for Safari’s search field
How to Update iPad Firmware
The iPad firmware weighs around 460 MB and if you are having trouble downloading it through iTunes, use the direct link – appldnld.apple.com/iPad/ – to download it with your favorite download manager.
Once the download is complete, connect your iPad to the computer and shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) the Update button in iTunes. Browse for the iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore.ipsw file and the update will install itself to your device.
The same firmware update can be used with both iPad Wi-Fi and iPad 3G models.