The concept of Black Friday or Cyber Monday is virtually unknown here in India but Google is trying something similar with the launch of GOSF, or the Great Online Shopping Festival, that will begin in the next hour (12/12/12).
Google India has partnered with most of the popular online shopping websites in India – from Flipkart to MakeMyTrip to FirstCry – and all these stores will offer discounts, cash-backs and other deals during the 24-hour period.
The list of partnering sites is long but here’s a quick glimpse of what some of them plan to offer.
- IndiaTimes Shopping is offering a 12% discount on every item listed on their website if you use the coupon code GOSF12.
- At Flipkart, you get flat 25% off on all clothing brands.
- Shop for Rs 1999 or more and get 10% off across all products on Infibeam with the promo code ILOVEDISCOUNTS.
- BabyOye.com and FirstCry.com are offering a flat 15% discount on all products with coupon codes BOFLAT15 and FC121212 respectively.
- GoIbibo.com offers Rs 600 off on all domestic flight bookings with the coupon code GF600 while ClearTrip offers Rs 1212 cashback with the coupon code CLEAR1212.
- Myntra.com offers flat 20% discount on their entire catalog with the coupon code GOSF.
- eBay India offers up to 24% discount on Nokia Lumia and Samsung Galaxy series of mobile phones including the Note II tablet.
- Zovi will offer 25% off on all footwear products with the coupon code C121212.
All the deals will be valid only on 12/12/12. (Update: The site is now offline)